Patrick McCurry Psychotherapist & Counsellor
We can't heal what we don't feel,'...Miriam Greenspan
I am a transpersonal counsellor and therapist. What this means is that I take a holistic perspective of each client and the issue they are bringing. As well as helping the individual deal with the problem they are struggling with, I help them explore what may be going on at an unconscious level. In other words, we look at alleviating, or tackling, the surface 'symptom' while also addressing the 'cause'.
Sometimes counselling or therapy seeks only to eliminate the symptom, whether that be depression, anxiety, anger, addiction, jealousy or any number of problems. But unless we look below the surface to see what this symptom is saying about the individual's life, then the problem is likely to reappear further down the line.
One way of describing how I work is 'therapy with soul'. For a more detailed description read Therapy with soul
- Diploma in Integrative Psychosynthesis Counselling (2006)
- Diploma in Integrative Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy (2010)
- Diploma in Couple Counselling (2012)
I am also
- registered with the main psychotherapy association, the UK council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- registered with the Professional Standards Authority